Localization is all about connecting directly with the customers. May it be on the website, a business document, an advertisement, or any other promotional material, localization always helps to have direct interaction with the target audience. The same is the case of Software localisations.
Let us first understand what exactly it means to Localise the content?
Localization of the content means converting the language in a way that the target audience can closely relate to the product or the service. The company should be able to communicate with the target audience in their native language.
Localizing is not just about converting the content but it is also about considering the differences based on religion, culture, political and economic differences.
It is the smoothest way to penetrate and establish the business in the new markets. Because it is marketing on the very micro-level by tapping the untapped market. Creating a bond with this unknown market is easier with localization. It improves customer’s trust in your brand and customer retention rate.
When you are localizing your product or the service, you also have to consider localizing the following things –
Now that you have understood what localization is, let us know about Software localisations.
Software localization simply means changing the language of the software and converting it to be suitable for the target audience. Understand that it is much more than just rendering the content from one language to another.
The basic difference is that translation is about converting the text from one language to another, and localization is about changing the software entirely to it into the cultural, religious, and linguistic frame of the target audience.
The various aspects of software translations include-
Many contexts have technical terminologies which a common reader cannot understand. In such cases only translations will not help, the language localization has to be considered.
When your content is available in your native language you are informing, educating, and marketing about your service or the product to the audience, you are connecting with them on cultural levels.
Yes, the two terms are different .
Software localization is converting the text, designs, and formats of the software to make it suitable for the audience. And machine translations mean, taking the help of various machines, tools, software, or apps to convert the content.
Difficult to understand?
It simply means that you can change the language of your software by using tools such as google translate. In this case, google translation is a machine used for performing the conversion of the language to achieve software localization.
Machine translations is a method used to achieve software localization. However, there are some limitations to it.
The process of Software localization includes multiple steps. To achieve the high quality of the software localization it is better to approach the professional language service provider.
The process starts with internationalization, which means developing the software in itself. Once it is developed it can be universally introduced to achieve the most common markets across the globe. Then targeting the untapped markets by localizing the software.
The process goes as follows
Once your software is ready to represent you in the local market, you can be assured that you will have a strong base of customers for that particular reason. In today’s digital era it is a prominent practice to localize the software.
The businesses have understood the following importance of the software localization, After doing all this you have to be sure that it is going to benefit you. Following are listed some of the benefits of Software Localisation.
1. Improved Sales and High Market Share- Now that you have your software localized and reachable for multiple audiences, it is easier to penetrate the new markets. When the versions are localized it means you have more products to sell for the suitable target audiences. This will increase your profit and improvise the company\s position on all levels, local, national, and global level in one go.
2. A Large Number of Users- You must have known about the various tactics to increase the users of the software you propose. The correct implementation of the localization strategy will make your software look approachable and understandable for the regional users. On the other hand, if it is not in local languages, it will show a narrower approach of your organization and will have a negative impact on the users. Convincing becomes easier with the localized content and the designs. The users prefer software that is explained in their language over the foreign language. This enhances the user’s experience and broadens the scope of reaching a bunch of new potential customers.
3. Ensure That Customers Are Understanding the Product- The customer will be able to use the software only when they will understand its benefits and function. They will be able to absorb the instructions given and then operate the software in the same manner. To achieve the maximum utilization of the software, the developer has to localize all the buttons, dropdowns, menus, commands, notifications, messages, and designs so that the customers can easily implement them. Imagine you receive software that is difficult to operate and the instructions are in different languages. You would probably ignore the software and go for the one which will have clear instructions and in your mother tongue. You will prefer the latter one. The software localization will leave behind the competitors and make your software stand out in front of all.
4. Needs Less Support- The localized software will be easier to understand and increases the user’s experience. It means that you would not require to invest more in background support than the customers require from you. The queries that come for your software will be less and will need less customer support from the company. You are reducing the cost that you are spending on all this and channelize it for the right marketing further.
5. Leaving Behind the Competitors- Of course, when you localize your software, you stand out from the packs of your competitors. It gives you a way to attain all those markets that have not been covered by your competition. Plus you are crossing all the language and the cultural barriers which in itself creates a positive image of your brand in the minds of the customers.
Also, the other side of the coin is, if your competitors are using this strategy of software localization and you lack behind you will not gain the desired output from the investment. You will lose on the bunch of new customers who want to buy your product but the language is the barrier.
According to recent market research, as much as 85% of the digital crowd will not buy a product or a service if they do not get the necessary information in an understandable language, mostly local languages.
About 56% of users say that localization of the information is more important than pricing. This is when software localization plays a vital role. Here is the list for which you should localize your website.
Software localization is a new trend and the most predominantly used strategy today to build a strong connection with potential local, national, and international customers.
However, it depends on how you plan it and executes it. Consider the technical limitations such as bugs or the less readability of the content which does not translate grammar and spelling issues.
The whole point of localizing the software is to ensure the best quality of product and service at the same time. Be very assured that you are perfect on language and technical terms. A good developer can help with technical aspects. For the best language service providers, you can approach PEC translations.
We can assure that the localization of the content is of utmost accuracy, authentic and complete at the same time.