Just like any other translations, legal translations are about rendering the content from source language to target language. However, it is a very particular form of translation.
Legal translation needs to be accurate in three different aspects, the legal terminologies, the language (source and target), and the translation techniques.
The law rules the world and it is a most unsteady thing. It changes as the country changes, it varies as the state or the city changes. This norm makes the legal translations to be more complex. Sometimes the law may be similar but the words and phrases that are used may change their meaning from region to region.
However, the law regulates human activities, reduces criminalities, and makes individuals feel safe. Legal Translations makes sure that it protects the foreign individuals under the same umbrella of the rules and regulations. Translators rendering the legal content need to have a sound knowledge of the legal terminologies of the foreign land too.
1. Linguistically Correct- When you approach an agency for the translations, you are assured that the rendered content is correct on the linguistic background. So that the judiciary will not get offended for the misuse of words or phrases. Any misinterpretation of any word or phrase can cause legal discrepancies. So it is better to approach a certified legal translator. This person is an expert in both the source and the target language.
2. Error-Free Translations- A translator does not just change the language of the document, he/she reproduces the document entirely. The translators know the legal terminologies. They do the proper research before they render the document. They study the jurisdictions, law procedures, and any other required references to enhance the quality of the translation.
3. Certification- It is the most important aspect when it comes to legal translations. No translations will be considered valid if it is not supported with the statement of certification issued by the translators. This certificate assures that the translation provided is accrued, authentic and complete to the best knowledge of the translator.
Agencies hire these translators as they believe in providing the quality of the service. These translators have pursued a professional education in translation from recognized institutes or the university. This education authorizes these translators to issue the certificate. When you approach a professional translation service you’ll only get certified translators.
4. Punctual- Time is everything when it is about legal translations. Any delay in the delivery can affect some person’s life positively or negatively. A professional translation agency promises to provide you the rendered content on time. They understand the value of your document and its urgency. Sometimes the legal interpreters are needed instead of translators. In such scenarios, the interpreters have to be present on time during court proceedings. Any delay in this can be dangerous on legal terms. The interpreter has to be on time and prompt when it comes to legal matters.
5. Confidentiality- A legal document such as court hearings, wills, power of attorney contains secret information. It needs to be maintained that way. When the agent hands over the content to the translation agency, the taker has to make sure that the information mentioned in the document is maintained. A translation service agency has to share a confidentiality bond with the client. Make sure to look for a company that will assure the privacy of the legal content.
6. All types of Content- The agency should be able to provide translations for all types of content. May it is a document, a video, an audio clip, or a live interpretation, a translation agency should be able to serve all your legal translation requirements. Because you never know which translation you will require when. Sometimes you may only need the interpreter and not the translation. Your agency should be able to provide you what you need.
7. Only Human Translation- Legal content is complex and sensitive at the same time. The machines, tools, applications, software, or Artificial Intelligence, cannot match with the context of the content. A human translator can understand the context and translate accordingly. The apps and the tools will save time and money, but will only provide word-to-word translations. When it is about the legal translations there is no scope for even the smallest mistake.
The term Legal Documents has a range of content. A translator can receive the content in multiple forms. It is not just related to the documents or texts. A translator has to accept all forms and types of content that the client gives.
Following is the list of types that the translator accepts.
Legal Business Documents
As there is a variety of documents, all the documents need a careful transition of the content. It doesn’t matter in which form the content has arrived. The translator has to give equal amounts of effort while transiting the document. The legal translators have the following qualities-
A major purpose of the translation is to change the language of the document. But it is not just limited to that. It is also about interpreting the meaning of the context and reproducing the entire content adhering to that context.
About the legal field, the terminologies, forms, and definitions are formed according to the country’s culture, religion, and legalities. In cases where cultural sensitivity is of high importance, it is necessary to get accurate translations.
An accurate legal translation has helped people in saving their lives and building businesses on a larger level.
To conclude, Legal Translations have to be precise in terms and concepts. The subject matter is sensitive and mostly there is a huge amount of money invested in legal translations. Hence all the legal content must be in the hands of experts. When requested the legal translations are incited and authenticated by the court of law too.
Even though all the agencies treat the legal content with utmost secrecy, one can also demand to form an agreement of non-disclosure to be sure.
Last but not the least, You do not have to be confused about the various law requirements. We at PEC understand that the law can be scarier and difficult. But you are not alone anymore when it comes to legal translations. PEC can provide you all the needful accurate legal translations in less time and your budget.