With many translation services providers out there, it is difficult for a client to choose the best and reliable option. Agencies are providing similar services in a package of similar languages, with the same processing of the translation.
But there are several things a client must consider to get satisfactory results. Things such as customer support and confidentiality of the content also help the customer select the right and reliable company.
Understand Your Translation Requirements- What do you need translation for? Why is it necessary? Understand the type of translation you require. In how many languages you need to do it? Once you exactly know what your need is then you can move forward with your search for the best translation service provider.
Shortlist the Agencies- Based on your requirements, short down the list of ones that you can approach for.
Now Choose the Best One- But what to look for? How can you know that it is the best agency? Following are the things to look at while picking up the right translation service provider.
1. Certification- Search for the agency’s website. Look for the ISO certification. When the company holds a valid certification, it has achieved it through years of experience and quality service. ISO-certified agencies are best to rely on. They achieve the quality of the document by following step-by-step procedures.
2. Less Turnaround Time- The company should be well-known for giving the translation document on time. The client’s time should be prioritized over anything else. Confirm the delivery time. Know that how soon your job can be completed. Find out the working hours and if the company works beyond normal working hours if it is required. Companies who do that will be ready to provide you the service the fastest. Work with the agencies that will adhere to the deadlines.
3. Feedbacks and Reviews- Look for the feedback and reviews of the company. Google is the best source to know it. While looking for the most reliable translation service provider, compare the companies based on their reviews and rating. It will help you decide on shortlisting and choosing the best one. Judge the company based on clients that they have served for example, national, local, or international clients, the number of clients served.
4. Expert and Certified Translators- Many countries demand the statement of translation when the document is presented for various purposes such as a visa. This is because any misinterpretation of any translated word may land you in legal discrepancies. Seek a company that will have certified translators. These translators have taken academic training for the translations and are language experts at the same time. They are authorized to provide any translations with the statement of certification. These statements prove that the document is complete and accurate to the best knowledge of the translators. Most of the legal documents also required authentication.
5. Cost-effective Services- The most important factor to decide the agency. Keep an eye on the cost of the project. Once you shortlist the agencies, you can ask for the quotations and compare them. Select the best one which will promise to give you the best quality of service at reasonable rates. The high price never shows that it is of the best quality and a lower price does not mean that the quality of the service will be compromised. There are companies such as PEC translations that will provide you with high-quality translations without affecting your budget.
6. Multilingual Services- The company must provide services in multiple languages. It decides the credibility of the company. They should be ready to serve you in multiple languages. The business may have plans of expanding its target markets in the future. It will prefer to work with a company which will be ready to serve you even in future. It confirms customer retention. If an Indian company needs to translate the content into another domestic language right now. But the company also has plans to expand internationally. If the translation agency serves translations for that international language too, the Indian client company would prefer reverting to the same agency as they already experienced the services. The agencies which provide translation services in many languages have a larger network of translators.
7. Customer Service- The approach of the company should be customer-oriented. They should be able to handle all your queries with patience and accurate information. The company must understand that you need constant updates on your project. Supportive customer service will enrich your experience even more. Make sure that your questions do not remain unanswered. Choose a company that will talk to you until you are satisfied with your requirements.
8. All Services Under One Roof- A translation cannot always be about a document or business translation. Various agencies provide other related services such as voice-over translations, subtitling translations, and transcription too. If you too require all these things in one place, make sure you choose an agency that will have a package of all. Do not go around knocking on different doors for different services.
9. Human Translations Only, No AI/Machine Translation- There are various software and online platforms that can provide you translations in a shorter period and at a cheaper cost. But you will not get the desired results. Artificial intelligence will give you word-to-word technical translations without considering the context of the content. Search for a company whose translators do not rely on the tools but do the translations on their own.
10. Confidentiality- Last but the most important factor of consideration while choosing the translation service provider. Your documents contain sensitive information regarding yourself or your business. You need to be assured that this information is in safe hands. Make sure that the company you are choosing assures you to handle your documents or the data with supreme secrecy. The companies must have an agreement of confidentiality with their language experts or editors especially when most of them are working internationally.
The way out to mark your presence across language borders goes through accurately and authentically translated documents. To achieve this, choosing the perfect translation agency is a key decision. Keep these 10 points in mind to select the best one.